Although the FWLHD is the smallest LHD in NSW, the quality and number of projects submitted to the annual Innovation Awards demonstrate our staff’s enthusiasm and commitment to improving the services we provide in an innovative and quality focused manner, and this aligns with the LHD’s vision of “Excellence in Rural and Remote Health”.
Every day, excellent and innovative work is undertaken in our health services across the District to support improvements in patient care and safety. The Far West LHD Innovation Awards provides an important opportunity to share these achievements and innovations with our colleagues.
This page is dedicated to the hard work of the nominees for each year’s awards. You will find posters and PowerPoint presentations from each awards ceremony. Please use this page for ideas and inspiration.
If you would like further information about the annual FWLHD Innovation Awards, please contact the Clinical Governance Unit on 8080 1549.
2017 INNOVATION AWARDS
Watch this space for news of the upcoming 2017 Far West LHD Innovation Awards.
2016 INNOVATION AWARDS
The 2016 FWLHD Innovation Awards included the Judges Choice Award for Health Innovation, the Agency for Clinical Innovation (ACI) Award and the People’s Choice Award.
- Winner of the Judges Choice Award: Broken Hill Midwifery Group Practice.
- Judges Choice Award Commendation: From Cocoa Bean to Chocolate – Transforming the Broken Hill M&M.
- Winner of the ACI Award: PleDG-ED: It’s Worth the Wait.
- Winner of the People’s Choice Award: Broken Hill Midwifery Group Practice.
Un-breaking the Hill: Poster Presentation
RAM'ing home the Message: Poster Presentation
One In The Bed: Poster Presentation
From Cocoa Bean to Chocolate: Poster Presentation
Healthy Smiles for School: Poster Presentation
Changing Immunisation Practice in Remote Outreach Clinics: Poster Presentation
Mental Health First Aid for Teachers and Teens in Far West NSW.
Healthy Mind, healthy Body: Establishment of a Physical Health Clinic for consumers of the Community Mental Health Drug and Alcohol Service in Broken Hill: Presentation
Broken Hill Midwifery Group Practice: Providing gold standard care in the Silver City: Poster Presentation
Upright Ivanhoe: Healthy and Safe within the community: Presentation
PleDG-ED: Please don’t go it’s worth the wait ED: Poster Presentation
2015 INNOVATION AWARDS
The 2015 FWLHD Innovation Awards included the Judges Choice Award for Excellence in Innovation, the Agency for Clinical Innovation (ACI) Award and the People’s Choice Award.
- Winner of the Judges Choice Award: Laughter and Fun – Community Mental Health Month Concerts.
- Winner of the ACI Award: Schools Based Apprenticeships and Traineeships (SBATs) program.
- Winner of the People’s Choice Award: won jointly by Orthopaedic Waiting List Wellness (OWWL) Program and Schools Based Apprenticeships and Traineeships (SBATs) program.
To see the projects submitted for the 2015 Innovation Awards CLICK HERE.