How can you Help?
- You can ask doctors, nurses or other health care staff if they have cleaned their hands.
- You can encourage your visitors to clean their hands each time they enter or leave your room.
- You can ask your visitors never to touch your wounds, dressings, or other equipment being used to treat you.
- You can keep a list of regular medications you take and bring the list to hospital with you
- You can ask nurses, doctors and pharmacists about the medication you are being given.
- You, your family or your carer can ask nurses, doctors and pharmacists for information on any new medications and changes in medication.
- You, your family or your carer can provide information to the nurses, doctors and pharmacists about regular medications
- If you feel at risk of falling, you should inform nurses, doctors and other health professionals.
- You, your family or your carer can ask to be included in the development of a falls prevention care plan.